As Missoula grows, access to affordable, reliable transportation is critical. That’s why Mountain Line updated its strategic plan after hearing from Missoulians their desire for increased service.
Mountain Line is asking for a mill levy investment of 20 mills, raising approximately $3 million annually, to:
- Implement seven-day and seven-night transit service, expand weekend service, including adding Sunday service for the first time.
- Increase bus frequency on heavily used routes.
- Add additional early-morning and late-evening service.
- Enhance our Zero-Fare program, and,
- Support the conversion of our fleet to meet our 2035 zero-tailpipe-emissions goal.
A reliable public transit system helps employees get to work, students get to school, and those with limited resources access health care and affordable housing. It supports connectivity between Missoula’s business community, which in turn substantially benefits our local economy. And, our seniors and people with disabilities benefit from Mountain Line’s Paratransit and Shuttle Van services.
Mountain Line contributes to local and regional transportation planning efforts and creates opportunities for investment of federal dollars in our local community. Improved bus service and expanded hours will also further support economic development and revitalization efforts in Midtown.
The benefits are real. More people riding the bus equates to reduced traffic congestion, shorter commute times, improved air quality, and a healthier community as more people choose active transportation.
Mountain Line helps make Missoula a more livable, equitable, and prosperous community, which benefits us all.
Learn more at www.mountainline.com/mill-levy.